4TH STREET NIGHT MARKET 2024 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Producer will:
Produce the 4th Street Night Markets on Elbow Drive between 4th & 5th Street SW in Calgary, AB on July 20, August 17 and September 7, 2024 from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Provide for the exhibitor’s use a 10 x 10 foot space for booth vendors with one 8’ x 2’ table provided. Provide Shared vendors a 10 x 10 tent and 6 foot table.
Produce and distribute promotional material through social media, posters and provide media with public service announcements.
2. The Exhibitor/Vendor will:
Pay the producer the appropriate sum as defined in the registration for their participation on any and all of the dates listed above. See cancellation policy below.
Provide own chairs, display equipment, signage, marketing material, Wi-Fi, and Power is not provided.
Release the 4th Street Festival Society, its Board of Directors and staff, the 4th Street BIA, its Board of Directors and staff and the City of Calgary from any liability for any damage, loss, theft, breakage or injury to property or persons;
Complete all necessary forms and provide full payment upon registration to validate this agreement;
Unload at the time requested on your vendor confirmation and load out at 10:00 pm, and shall adhere to parking instructions. Exhibitors must be situated at booth by no later than 4:30 pm. Failure to do so will automatically release booth location back to the producer and no refund will be issued. Exhibitor may not dismantle before 10:00 pm.
Keep area clean and tidy with extra stock and personal items stored under tables, behind skirting and out of public view.
Agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Alberta Health Services as they pertain to the handling of food. http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/frm-19882.pdf
Supply their own garbage containers and clear their own trash at the end of the day. Remove any recycling or boxes off site. Place table into event storage unit.
Accept the terms and conditions indicating compliance.
The agreement will become effective upon receipt of the completed registration form with full payment, dated at the time of registration.
- The producer will not be liable for refunds or any liabilities whatsoever if the force majore event occurs and the market is disrupted due to any act of God, strikes, statutes or any case beyond the producer’s control. The producer will not be held responsible for shelter, alternate indoor site locations or alternate dates in the case of inclement weather.
- All markets are rain or shine events.
- Once registered and paid, vendor participation is confirmed.
- Date changes and market booth transfers are not possible. Coordinate market & market date availability prior to registration.
- A cancellation notice must be made by email to a market organizer.
- When a vendor provides 30 days or more notice, a full refund will be issued.
- If a booth cancellation occurs for any reason 14 - 30 days prior to the market date, a refund will only be issued if a suitable replacement vendor is found. The market organizer and cancelling vendor will work together to find a replacement vendor based on the market’s vendor selection guidelines for up to 7 days before the market date. If no suitable replacement vendor is found and approved within 7 days of the market date, no refund is given. Regardless of the outcome, $50 will be withheld from the cancelling vendor’s refund to cover administrative costs.
- Replacement vendors must be approved by a market organizer prior to transferring booth space.
- Refund requests made less than 14 days of the market date will not be considered.
- If cancellations become a recurring issue, please be aware that it may affect your eligibility for future market participation.
Vendor Selection Guidelines:
- Products must be predominantly handmade or designed by the vendor. These products are considered unique, innovative, and appealing.
- Products align with the night market’s audience and customers, taking into consideration current trends, popular interests, and mass appeal.
- If a product category or style of product has reached capacity at the market, your business may be declined or placed on a cancellation list, regardless of meeting the product criteria.
- The market is curated to create balance that is mutually beneficial for both sellers and customers.
- New vendors who complete the online application and are approved will hear back within two weeks of their application date. If you do not receive a response by then, unfortunately your business has not been selected.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only accepted vendors will be contacted.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org